Discussions About Meteorite Collecting on BLM Land
Given the recent discussion about it, I did a Google
Search for discussions, outside of the meteorite list.
I should note, that the links, which posted below,
are what I found, and in no way represent my
position on this topic. In plain English, if a person
disagrees or dislikes what is posted on a web page,
they should either complain to, email, or argue with
the specific author of a post / web page and not me.
1. Metal Detecting/Collecting Meteorites new law
American Gold Prospectors and Metal Detecting>
Gold Prospecting Forum> Gold Prospecting Forum
2. Astromart™ Forums – “Meteorite Hunting Association?”
and “Glorieta strewn field in New Mexico”. Discussions
on the Astromart web page. A person needs to be
registered and logged into in order to view.
3. Az. Meteorites belong to Goverment!!!!!! Treasure Net
and “Do you really own Meteorites found on Public Land?
Not if the G-Man wants it.”
4. New law Meteorite Hunting is illegal, Nuggethunting
Forums> Nuggethunting.com General Prospecting
Forums"> Gold Nugget Hunting & Prospecting Forum
5. Gold Basin and General meteorite Ownership info
Nugget Shooter Forums, Meteorite Hunting and
Collecting Forum, A person needs to be registered
and logged to access thread.
6. New Law Meteorites hunting/collecting illegal
Arizona Outback's Prospecting Forum> Arizona
Outback's Main Forum> AZO's: Gold Prospecting Forum
7. Legalities and common courtisies, Nugget Shooter
Forums, Meteorite Hunting and Collecting Forum. A
person needs to be registered and logged to access thread.
8. Anyone hunt meteorites for fun or money? (hunting,
metal detecting, treasure hunting), City-Data Forum >
General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
A couple of interesting PDF files are:
1. Mining Claim Procedures for Nevada Prospectors
and Miners by Nevada Bureau of Mines and Geology
" Meteorites: not locatable and the collection of large
or otherwise scientifically interesting specimens comes
under the Antiquities Act (16 USC 432; People of the
State of California ex rel. Younger v. Mead, 618 F.2d 618
2. Archaeological Resources Protection Act of 1979
Finally, I noted that the meteorite mailing list posts
are getting reposted automatically to other web
pages. One of them is at:
and another is at: